Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Second Commandment

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'll be the speaker for our weekly youth fellowship this coming Tuesday. For this new semester we will be having a series about The Ten Commandments. My topic will be the Second Commandment.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments."
I'm preparing my message and I pray that the Lord will teach me what to teach my youth listeners.

2 comments:

Mariah said...

I will pray for you!

I have some friends in Maria Aurora, Philippines who work with youth. They did a series on stewardship and showed this video called "God Pie." Even though it's talking about stewardship, it shows a lot of things that we let become 'idols' in our lives. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upmyrinWq64

manÜ said...

it was a nice video and i might use it in my message. thanks for the prayer.

and thanks for following my blog, too. God bless!