Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Aroroy, Masbate

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let me take you to the land where I grew up...

Aroroy is a coastal town. We call our port "pantalan" and this is what you'll see there on a clear day. That's the famous Mayon Volcano peeping on the horizon. It has always been the favorite subject of my drawings when I was a kid.


I took this on a late afternoon of December 2007. That's the "pantalan" under construction. I heard it's already finished. This picture sends me so much melancholia...

Agriculture is the common source of livelihood of the townsfolks. This is a common scene along provincial highways.

6 comments:

Bornean Rose said...

We plant paddy and sago palm as our main income..agricultural is one of the things that i grew up with...nice place to live..:)

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking island you have there. Hmmm, Aroroy sounds like Aroyo huh? ^_^

Anonymous said...

As a new reader, I enjoy your photos and stories. It helps me get to know people of the country I now live. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Ganda nung view from the sea. Parang Mt. Fuji nga, hehe..

manÜ said...

@rose: i always liked the simplicity of farm life.

@snow: yeah, sounds like arroyo. there was a time when she was still senator and she visited our town. she was teased she will always be popular in our town because of her surname.

@bruce: thanks! glad you like our little country. i've been to davao several times and it's a good place to live in.

@ark: para ngang mt. fuji minus the snow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Manu, thanks for visiting my blog. I was here to see your beautiful blog. Have a nice day