Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why so serious?

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I first thought that this is an official poster/teaser for the 81st Oscars. Turned out to be a support campaign made by this guy. I must say that it's very creative and cleverly made.


I think The Dark Knight was one of the best movies shown in 2008. Not only because of the casting but for the brilliant script. Here's the how-I-got-these-scars lines of the Joker:

"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was....a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says 'Why so serious?' Comes at me with the knife,'Why so serious?' He sticks the blade in my mouth. 'Lets put a smile on that face!' And... Why so serious?"

"You look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got them? Come here. Hey, look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful; like you. Who tells me, I worry too much. Who tells me, I ought to smile more. Who gambles, and gets in deep with sharks. One day they carve her face. We have no money for surgeries. She can’t take it! I just want to see her smile again. I just want her to know that I don’t care about the scars. So I stick a razor in my mouth and do this… to myself. And you know what? She can’t stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I’m always smiling!"

I pity The Joker for such a lonely childhood. Great take on the role though by Heath Ledger.

The 81st Oscars will be on February 22, 2009 and will be televised in the US in ABC. Wolverine is hosting the awards night.

My thoughts are so random today.

3 comments:

krissy ♥ said...

In my opinion The Dark Knight should have, at least, been nominated in the Best Picture category and Christopher Nolan, Best Director.

Unknown said...

ok now i got to see the movie

Anonymous said...

Too bad the film was not nominated for the Best Picture. But it should win the Best Cinematography. Heath Ledger should also win the Best Supporting Actor award posthumously. His performance is both revealing and revolting.