Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Girl Anne

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hollywood's top story is about Brangelina snubbing Ryan Seacrest during the Golden Globe Awards' red carpet. I'm not gonna talk about that. It's about a story before the awards night.

I've read that who-sits-where is such a big fuss in Golden Globe. Unlike the usual awards night where the celebrities sit like that in a theater, they have a different format. I think it's the same as when you attend a wedding reception where people are arranged per table. Then there's a place they call "the pit" where the big big names are seated. Table assignments are continually revised even up to the week of the show itself.

Organizers have to be aware about who is or who is not friendly with whom or who had broken up with whom so that these personalities will be seated far away as possible. Stars' publicists try to jockey for the best tables for their clients and negotiations usually end up in emotional exchanges.

Here's a sweet story. Anne Hathaway who is bringing her mom to the awards night wrote a letter to the organizers...

My mom will be my date... she was wondering if you could please sit us near George Clooney... seriously, you'd make her 2009. Acceptable substitutes... are Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Clint Eastwood and/or Steve Carell. Thank you!

I'm not a fan (though she's so darn pretty!) but I just like girls who love their moms. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like her, saw her movie Princess Diary. so pretty

Anonymous said...

congrat anne...