Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Masbate Snapshots

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I can't think of anything to write about today so let me just post some pictures I took from my last visit in my hometown. I just used a point and shoot camera and made some minor editing using Photoshop CS3.

To get to the town, I have to ride in a motorboat, usually with a capacity of 50-80 people. This is the front part of the boat. The horizon is a sight to behold.

This little hut is called a home. This is common in the depressed areas in the Philippines like Masbate.

I took this while riding on a jeepney. I have to travel early in the morning to catch the boat trip to Sorsogon. From Sorsogon, I have to ride a bus to head back to Laguna where I currently stay.


More pictures and stories to come... Ü

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, i like your snapshots.. very nice!!!

manÜ said...

hey, thanks!

Mariah said...

i miss riding in jeepneys!

Anonymous said...

great site and great pictures! i included you in my links...

Scott said...

Nice shot! Relaxing with good detail! Post some more!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I need to see this in person. :D
why dont you tour us there one time? ;)

Scott said...

Hi Again! Hope you don't mind, but "Tag" you are it! Check out my latest post
http://scottmcqueen.blogspot.com/2009/01/tagged-again.html

Take Care and keep up the great work!

Scott

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. Reminds me of Lake Geneva, looking out from Nyon. Was recently there. Is that water freezing?

manÜ said...

@ ana:
glad you like the pictures. Ü we're in the tropics so it's not likely to find any freezing body of water here. you can visit here, though. there's a lot of beautiful beaches in the Philippines.

cindy said...

nice photos..bicolano ako but i've never been to masbate. i saw aroroy on byaheng totoo segment at 24 oras (GMA). it featured the depressed areas. i wanna help but don't have any contacts.