Thursday, January 15, 2009

Story-Telling

Thursday, January 15, 2009

These pictures came in a bit late but I wrote about this wonderful experience earlier in this blog. This was the day after Christmas and my first time to do story-telling to kids. It was awesome! I'm glad I decided to spend it with them instead of going to the beach with some friends.




Story-telling time at school was my favorite when I was a kid. One of the stories I won't forget was about Daedalus and his son Icarus. They were prisoners of King Minos of Crete and Daedalus planned their escape. He made them a pair of wings out of feathers sewn together and and molded in wax. He warned Icarus to beware of rash adventures among the stars. But the kid was so enticed by his new-found freedom and flew up high to the highest heavens until the sun melted the wax off his wings and he fell. This story has been a constant reminder to me until now that freedom comes with responsibility.

Others that are included in my list of favorites are Aesop's fables and Jose Rizal's story about the monkey and the turtle.




*Thanks Ate Vida for the pictures. You can find more here.


9 comments:

Bornean Rose said...

Great work...You bring joy in the eyes of those kids. God bless you!

Mariah said...

Awww. Those pictures are so cute! I miss the masses of filipino children. Those are great stories, too.

Inkversified said...

great! nice work done!

Admin said...

was it an out reach prog? :) btw. thanks for viewing my blog. make it a habit :) God bless man :)

Scott said...

So Cool! Kids just make your heart grow, don't they? God Bless!

Anonymous said...

dude this is such a cool thing to do! how do i participate in this programs?

Anonymous said...

kudos to you man. We need to breed more people like you :) Give me your genese, GIVE THEM! hehe

Her Glitter Life said...

Wow! This is so amazing. I salute you for that master. keep up the good works.

Anonymous said...

tha'ts awesome job bro...