Saturday, December 6, 2008

8 Rounds

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pacman won yet again! Dela Hoya conceded after 8 rounds. I vowed to watch the replay if Pacman losses. I never watched any Pacman fight. See, it's the best time to travel since the city streets are clear of traffic. Besides, I don't have a cable TV to watch it live and watching it on the local TV is frustrating because of long, and I mean SUUUUUUPER LOOOOOOONG commercial breaks. Not to mention spoilers from those who were able to watch the fight in real time.

Filipinos are again "united", well, temporarily. I hate to be antagonistic about this victory but it's just sad how desperate Filipinos are in looking for hope in these trying times. As soon as Pacquiao comes home, I'm sure it's gonna be an endless motorcade with traditional politicians shamelessly taking the opportunity to join Manny and get noticed. Now, that's gonna be traffic!

It's not that I don't want Pacman to win. It's just that I hate all the shebangs that the people puts into it. Can't we just be proud and do away with politicking? Can't we just enjoy the victory without the TV networks fighting over who gets the exclusive coverage of what? Can we just unitedly share in this mighty feat of our fellow Filipino for the sheer joy of just being happy as a nation. I'm done with fleeting unity.

Filipinos should not be overwhelmed with this victory like being high with some drugs. When we wake up the next day, there are important issues that we should be vigilant of. The disappearing funds, political killings, politicking, lies and many lies. Let's face the real issues. Let's face it as a nation.



Whew! I hate it when I rant like that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy he won. And have you heard how Karylle sang the National Anthem? I thought it was very good!

Anonymous said...

Pacman whupped De La Hoya's pretty-boy a** then did he? :D

Pinoy Wit said...

hi there thanks for visiting my other blog. sure. i would love to link with you. your links are found in both of my blogs

here

http://misorjobs.com/?page_id=729

and here

http://causticthoughts-gracemags.blogspot.com/2007/07/links.html

cheers

Anonymous said...

hi friend,i know your pinoy so i leave comments for Pacquiao and De la Hoya,,i really want to watch that day but its expensive in pay per view about $50,,hehe!!hope you visit my blogs,im not good for this because i am new blogger.
http://jannethdptt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

congratulations to Pacquiao :)