Monday, December 22, 2008

My Sabbatical

Monday, December 22, 2008

This year, I decided that I'll be spending Christmas alone. It's not a new thing to me. In fact this is going to be my second all-by-myself-Christmas. The first one was during my call center days. No, I'm not happy about it but I'm not sad either. Solitude has been a good friend lately. I think I need it.

I was alone in the house since Saturday with my housemates all went home to their respective families for the Christmas break. Me, I sent my gifts to my parents and my sister in the province through my cousins. I have personal reasons for not going home and I explained it to them. I promised to spend time with them sometime next year.

I already bought foodies for my long sabbatical. I got myself some pork which I marinated (one thing that I do best) so I'll just fry them when I get hungry. I don't plan to follow the breakfast-lunch-dinner routine. I'll eat when I need to. I also bought chocolates (I consumed a 250g pack of kisses for just a night!), junk foods, fruits (canned and fresh) and biscuits. Most importantly, I bought DVDs to keep me sane (I will be blogging about them in a few days). I just hope the wifi connection near our place will be OK in time so that I' will not have to go out for my blogging.

I plan to shut myself for a few days from people. I'll turn off my cellphone for two days and I'll keep myself locked up in my room. I'll also try sleeping for 24 hours straight since this is one of the things that I was deprived with this year, looong sleep. A friend jokingly told me that I'm scripting my life. Scripted it is. Just for the holidays. Hehe.

2 comments:

Mariah said...

I know what you mean. I spend a lot of holidays by myself because my family likes to travel... and on the holidays I just need to stay in one place and rest. I hope you get plenty of sleep!

manÜ said...

thanks! rest it is. :-)