Monday, December 1, 2008

God told me to SMILE

Monday, December 1, 2008

How could I've missed it!

I was browsing my Multiply account and I bumped into one of my friends' blog about what she saw last night. She said that she saw God smiling!

What she saw was similar to the picture above. It's as if God has sent an emoticon to his creations. The bright yellow light on the left is Venus and the blue one on the right is Jupiter and the moon crescent below.

Even if I didn't see it, the picture brought me so much encouragement, especially as I deliver the message about the Second Commandment tonight. The Lord commands His people not to bow down and worship "anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below". Yet He uses His creations to amaze us and tell us that He is ever present and His love and grace is eternally abundant.

When I consider your heavens,the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,which you have set in place. -Psalm 8:3

6 comments:

lemuel said...

i saw that scene too. it was indeed a smile from the heavens. it was a cloudless night and you can see the 2 planets and the moon very clearly.
http://mhaileon.blogspot.com
http://hri-marketing.blogspot.com

Anita Helena said...

That's amazing

Anonymous said...

That would indeed have been something to witness personally. Apparently it won't come around again for absolute yonks...

I like the way you relate this wondrous coincidence (where the planets and the moon were in such alignment) to the Greatness of God.

I echo every word. :)

Anonymous said...

That is cool...Dang, I read almost all your posts and its all intersting! Keep it up, you will sure hit a good blogger...you got to have your own hommie...

http://www.lyndsaycabildo.com

Unknown said...

see this......

just hoppin by!


www.databis.blogspot.com

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.